Canada’s Outstanding CEO of the Year established the Futures Fund Scholarship for Outstanding Leadership to honour and mentor ten Canadian university business students each year who have demonstrated exemplary leadership in their academic and extra-curricular initiatives.
The award program provides ten exceptional and deserving students with $5,000 grants to further their educational ambitions. In addition, recipients travel (accommodation and transportation are provided) to the Awards Gala in November to be presented with their scholarships. Ten new schools are chosen each year to receive the scholarships and the Sauder School of Business has been selected for 2012.
Recipient students will receive:
- $5,000 in scholarship funds
- An invitation to attend Canada’s Outstanding CEO of the Year Award Gala Dinner in November – date and location to be confirmed (out of town students will have transportation provided)
- Recognition in the National Post, as well as program material and on the Canada’s Outstanding CEO web site
Criteria for the award includes:
- Demonstrated exemplary leadership in both academic pursuits and extracurricular initiatives.
- Must be a Canadian citizen
- Enrolled for 2012/2013 as a full-time student in a business degree program
Submit the following:
- Cover letter (length 1 to 2 pages maximum) providing information on your leadership roles/qualities in both academic pursuits and extracurricular initiatives
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
Margot Fraser, Programs Assistant, MBA & ECM Programs Office
Sauder School of Business
The University of British Columbia
Room 137 – 2053 Main Mall
Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z2
Applications may be submitted by one of the following methods:
- Via e-mail to: email@example.com OR
- submitted in person to our reception desk at the address above
Deadline: No later than 8:30 am
Tuesday, September 18th, 2012