National Investment Banking Competition 2013 Key Information:
– Teams can either be three or four members and can register at NIBC.ca
– $10,000 prize pool awarded to winning teams
– Separate MBA and undergraduate competition divisions
– Over 23 universities across North America will be participating
– The deadline to register a team is October 12th, 2012, after which the Preliminary Case will be disseminated
About the Competition:
The Competition consists of a Preliminary Round and a Final Round, with cases prepared by investment banking professionals to closely reflect the work of analysts and associates at investment banks. The top ten MBA teams and top fifteen undergraduate teams are chosen from the Preliminary Round to compete in the Final Round for a $10,000 prize pool. The Organizing Team has worked closely with our Industry Sponsors and Board of Advisors to create a competition that reflects high-quality, potential real life transactions of publicly traded companies.
Participating in the Preliminary and Final Rounds of the Competition will give students hands-on experience and insight into the actual work that investment bankers accomplish when executing transactions, such as financial modeling, evaluating scenarios against client parameters, and creating pitch-books. The Competition culminates with a live pitch to Senior Managing Directors of leading Canadian investment banks.