Meet Our Executive Team! (2015-2016)

Jay
Jay Singh
Foodbank Coordinator

3rd year Sauder School of Business commerce major. I joined the AMS Foodbank because of my passion to assist others. Throughout my years at UBC I have been grateful enough to be in a position to assist our local community, and the Coordinator of the AMS Foodbank fit perfectly into what I’ve done, and hope to do in the future.
It has honestly been an extremely rewarding experience to date, and with the support of our amazing volunteers, hope to continue to assist food insecure students around UBC and the Lower Mainland.
My other interests include reading books, exercising, and spending time with the people that I care about.
Looking forward to the rest of the year!

Alex

Alex Kwok
Associate Foodbank Coordinator

Year: 2

Faculty: Arts 

Favorite food: who doesn’t love a good pasta dish? Truffle Spaghetti with meatballs!

Why am i volunteering? I volunteered because I wanted to expand my connections which meant getting involved in the UBC community. Specifically I chose the Foodbank because I felt like it was the most influential service on campus through helping students in need.

Grace

Grace Yeh
Client Relation Manger

Hello! I’m a third year dietetics student studying at the beautiful UBC campus. Having spent 13 years of my life in Taiwan, I realized that food is a way to celebrate the meeting of cultures. Beyond the social means, I believe that everyone has the right to safe and nutritious foods. I think volunteering at the UBC Foodbank creates an avenue for me to make a positive change to the community. I love my hometown turkey rice. If you have a chance to visit Chiayi, I would fly back with you for it!

Sanjeth

Sanjeth Santhilingam
Client Relation Manager

Favourite Food: Unagi Roll/maki/sushi/handroll

I am currently a post-graduate diploma in Accounting student from Toronto,  pursuing a financial designation at UBC. I want to volunteer with food bank because it is an opportunity to integrate our community, and welcome all students when university obligations are overwhelming, and when the pursuit to an education seems like a trade-off for basic necessity to sustenance, to have access to this need so that they may focus on their right to a quality education in Canada.

Chris

Chris Herron
Events and Marketing Coordinator
Hello! I am in my third year in the Honors Bachelor of Economics Program and as Sponsorship Director of the AMS Food Bank. I dream of becoming a doctor or entering International Finance. I have lived in the Lower Mainland my whole life. I love helping hearing people’s stories and helping them triumph against their challenges.  

As far food, I love Pecan Pie.

Thomas

Thomas Ikeda
Inventory Control Coordinator

I volunteer at the Food Bank to help those who need help getting food on the table. I want them to have easy access to this much needed service, as balancing your own responsibilities and student life can be incredibly difficult. I hope that our team will not only meet the needs of our patrons but also create a warm and welcoming atmosphere here at the Food Bank.

Paola

Paola Lopez Lam
Sponsorship Officer

Hi! My name is Paola Lopez Lam, I am a 2nd year studying Commerce. I was born and raised in beautiful beautiful El Salvador, Central America. I love volunteering for the foodbank because I learn a lot about organisational structure, which is a big part of the career I’m pursuing, and it is always a lot of fun talking to clients because every single one is so different and interesting, plus, the feeling of giving back to a community I love so much is just priceless.

PS. I love curry. A lot.

Ishan pngJesline Rahardjo
Volunteer Coordinator

Year:4th

Major: Food Sciences

Favourite Food: Nutella all the way!

Why do i want to volunteer with the FoodBank? I want to volunteer with food bank because I want to make a meaningful contribution to the UBC community. I believe that food is a basic necessity and no UBC students should go hungry.

Chantel

Chantel Chizen
Marketing/ Outreach Advisor

Hi! I am a second year student in the Bachelor of Applied Biology with a major in Applied Plant and Soil Science Program. My interests involve skiing, reading and camping! I am volunteering at the food bank because I love giving back to the community and meeting new people. Favourite food: Lasagna!

RV

Arvie Concepcion
Marketing/ Outreach Advisor

Hey!!! I’m a first year student at Corpus Christi College trying to transfer to Commerce for my second year. I’m from hometown Vancouver dreaming to work at Silicon Valley. I would consider my favourite food of all time to be Paella because of the many flavours it encompasses. I volunteer at the Food Bank because I have passion of giving back to the community and that’s what the Food Bank accomplishes. Moreover, every person who comes through the doors has a different and unique story to tell which makes it more of an exciting place to volunteer at!