At the end of this course, students will know:
- The major morphological features of insects
- Unique anatomical and physiological characteristics of insects
- Basic insect biology and ecology
- How insects affect/influence/interact with humans
- How to identify insects to the level of Order
Proposed mark distribution (subject to modification by the instructor) Midterm exam, 25%; Final Exam, 40%; Insect Collection OR Laboratory Exam, 25%; Written Assignment, 10%.
Gullan PJ & PS Cranston (2010), The Insects. An Outline of Entomology, 4th Ed. Blackwell Science, Oxford, 584 pp