Please answer the following self-reflection questions. After formulating your answers, you may post them online at the Knowledge Café for this course as a way to share your ideas and glean knowledge from other students’ responses.
- As global citizens, why do we have to be concerned about forests nationally and globally?
- How large is the global forest cover? How much is deforested annually and where mainly? How much is the net loss of forest cover and where does the difference come from?
- What are the direct and indirect causes of deforestation?
- Comment of the historic development of the Sustainable Forest Management concept and practice internationally.
- Why do we need global policies to address forestry issues?