This module will introduce:
- Three main convention which have forests and forestry as part of their program of work, and
- The working modalities and mandates of 15 intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations dealing with forests ranging from core mandate to specific or general interests.
After completing this module, you should be able to:
- Describe the major intergovernmental environmental conventions that address forests as part of their mandates.
- Compare the mandates and work of UN bodies and non-governmental international organizations dealing with forests.
- Reflect on the effectiveness of major UN organizations, non-governmental international organizations, and international research centers dealing with forests.
- Express your view on multi-lateral agreements and specialized UN organization dealing with forests.
- Be able to contact relevant international organizations when needed.