I want to make a change

As probably 99.9% of you have noticed, the AMS elections are going on right as we speak! I personally was not too involved in the politics at UBC, but given the arrival of the election, I decided to get a little more involved, to make sure I’ve used my opportunity to affect the things I want changed. Since I did that I realized how just one vote for me could affect the future of the UBC bus pass.

Therefore I would like to ask everyone to VOTE, seriously it takes approx 2 minutes of the 1440 minutes in a day, making it 0.1% of a days time to change the future of UBC. I t probably took me more time to calculate that than it took me to vote. (Yeah, whatever, I’m not in maths.)

I usually keep my political opinions to myself, but this year a good friend of mine who just so happens to be the best RA on this planet is running for senate so I cant let this one slip. Let me introduce  Nina Karimi:

• Been an RA for 2 years so you know she knows whats up with UBC
  • Wants to improve the feedback system so that everyone can make their voice heard, not only during election times.
  • Is particularly interested with big issues such as the exam databases and exam schedule release
  • Always has weirdly delicious vegan snacks.
  • Is genuinely the most approachable person on this planet. You could go to Nina at 4am on a tuesday before her final and she’d be happy to sit and chat with you about what you’d like to change about UBC.
  • Let me rephrase; You could go to Nina at 4am on a tuesday before her final and she’d be happy to talk to you about anything. She’s that kind of person.

And that is a person I would want to see in the AMS senate. A person I know would value my thoughts and concerns, and a person that would fight for them, too. Also she loves cats, so if that’s not a plus I don’t know what is.

So, put your politic hats and now and go vote! Voting closes in a few hours!

https://amsvoting.as.it.ubc.ca