Grafos ML is Online!

Telefonica has just open-sourced Grafos ML, a system and tools for large-scale machine learning and graph analytics on top of Apache Giraph. The two main components are Okapi ML Library (machine learning algorithms, which include our recent work on detecting fake accounts in online social services) and RT-Giraph (incremental processing on top of Giraph). This is still an active project that is under heavy development at Telefonica Research, Barcelona.

Invited Talk at AAAI 2014 Spring Symposia

It’s my pleasure to announce that I will be giving a talk at AAAI 2014 Spring Symposia on March 24th. As part of the Social Hacking and Cognitive Security on the Internet and New Media Symposium, I will be talking about our on-going research on protecting the social web from abusive automation, socialbots in particular.

This symposium, which is sponsored by AAAI and held in cooperation with the Stanford University Computer Science Department, will convene a diverse group of experts relevant to the broad area of cognitive security (“CogSec”) that includes the development of methods that (1) detect and analyze cognitive vulnerabilities and (2) block efforts that exploit cognitive vulnerabilities to influence collective action at multiple scales.