Grafos ML is Online!

Telefonica has just open-sourced Grafos ML, a system and tools for large-scale machine learning and graph analytics on top of Apache Giraph. The two main components are Okapi ML Library (machine learning algorithms, which include our recent work on detecting fake accounts in online social services) and RT-Giraph (incremental processing on top of Giraph). This is still an active project that is under heavy development at Telefonica Research, Barcelona.

Invited Talk at Humboldt Colloquium in Toronto

It is my pleasure to announce that I have been invited to give a talk as an Early Career Researcher at Humboldt Colloquium in Toronto, which is going to take place from 2-4 Nov, 2012. Under the theme of “Excellence in Research”, I will present our work on Security Analysis of Social Bots on the Web at the Theoretical Sciences section of the colloquium’s interdisciplinary workshops.

The Early Career Researchers attending the colloquium are not members of the Humboldt Community but may wish to become fellows in the future. The researchers were selected for participation in the event by a committee of Humboldt alumni following on open call for papers under all science-related disciplines. More than 200 applications were received from researchers at all levels (students, PhDs, university/industry researchers), and only 25 applicants were accepted to present their current research at the workshops. Here’s a link to the preliminary program.

Research Internship at Facebook

Starting next week, I’ll be joining Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) as a research intern. I’ll be working with the highly-qualified Site Integrity team under the kind management of Yuchun Tang . I will spend most of my time building a next-generation IP reputation and botnet detection system. I’m very excited about this opportunity and hope for a great experience!