All over for blogs?

It seemed to me that the number of useless postings and blog entries was starting to increase and there was less and less there that was really of interest.

This could be the sign of a worrying phenomenon. Perhaps the blogs, after a brief time when they were seen by some as a wholly new wave of internet development, are losing their appeal.

The earliest bloggers have been at it for two years now – how many days can someone keep on posting to their LiveJournal site, or visiting Blogger to add more details about their cat’s mysterious illness?

OK, that’s all I need to hear. I hereby quit weblogging.

Let the backlash begin… though this piece seems to fall into the same trap as the hype around weblogs. The amount of wothwhile reading out there is proportionate to the good ideas that are reasonably well expressed. A weblog is just a useful mechanism… if you’ve got nothing to say, or you don’t have a real reason to write, then there’s no point in reading you. A nice software application won’t make you interesting. Then again, I don’t know anybody who says that it will, except maybe for journalists who write dumbed-down tech pieces for mainstream audiences.

Via OLDaily

This entry was posted in Webloggia. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to All over for blogs?