Librarians are the freakin’ coolest!

This morning I had the pleasure of giving a fairly standard overview of weblogs and RSS to a group of librarians. Nice sized group, and the response was gratifying… This is the second time I’ve addressed members of the profession lately, and both occasions have been a blast.

I’ve always had a warm spot in my heart for librarians. I admire their erudition, breadth of knowledge, and the vital service they provide to civil society. And it’s no secret that librarians have embraced weblogs and RSS (though most of today’s attendees said they were new to the subject)… which just makes them even groovier in my eyes. My office at UBC has recently moved out of our Main Library (due to renovations) into more spacious digs, and I’m still in withdrawal. I miss that crazy old building with 7-foot ceilings, and the smart friendly people who worked in it.

I’ve been trying to get my partner to attend library school for years — just so I could experience living with a librarian — but she won’t go for it.

This entry was posted in Webloggia. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Librarians are the freakin’ coolest!