Edublog Hero

Gotta give some serious kudos to James Farmer for his stellar work with the edublogs.org project. Open source goodness, community-based support, and an ongoing conversation among educators. It only takes a few seconds to be up and blogging with a nifty URL and ad-free hosting. This service opens up a lot of space for newcomers and those disgruntled with their existing platform… the incredible sign-up rate (and the quality of many of the sites which suggests some important new voices are joining the conversation) is a genuinely exciting thing to behold.

James Farmer, I salute you. Tonight I’m going to buy an 18 pack of Pilsner king cans and toast you with every chug. When I drain the last can I’m gonna go to the sleaziest bar I can find and buy rounds for the house in your honour. If people want a free drink they better be prepared to sing the James Farmer Edublog Victory Theme (all eight verses). When they kick me out of the tavern I’ll go back home and rattle through what’s left of my liquor cabinet, draining the dregs of the grappa and the cooking sherry. I’ll wake up in a puddle and start my boozing tribute all over again, initiating a downward spiral from which I’ll never recover.

So needless to say, posting may be light in this space for the next few months.

This entry was posted in Webloggia. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Edublog Hero

1. Jeremy says:

I pledge to join you virtually in your alcoholic tribute the JF.

2. dude, here’s a Pil to JF!

3. James says:

Heh… quite appropriate considering the amount of alcohol it took me to get the thing up and running of a Saturday night… so how does that theme goe again 😉

4. Rob Wall says:

Indeed, no tribute is enough to salute your valour, James. I’ll join in with a Great Western Light (greatest beer in the world, and pride of Saskatchewan)!

Brian, is this just a shoddy excuse if you let your blog go fallow again? If so, its a damn good one!