See ya on the other side

Work-family balance

As of now, I’m theoretically on vacation. I wish I could claim victory over my commitments, but alas I will be taking the last pieces of my grading with me to Vancouver Island, depending on the kindness of my students to the (hopefully not-so-)bitter end.

But the vibe is already different. A palpable lightening of the spirit is at hand. My thoughts turn to family and friends, curling up and connecting with analog media, playing some atrocious guitar, and perhaps resuming my seasonal search for the perfect Manhattan.

I may do some blogging for fun (I do have a backlog of ideas for that), but promise not to discuss anything of relevance to professionals in my field until school resumes in the new year. (So in a sense, it’s business as usual here over the holidays.)

But before I pull the plug, allow me to say that whatever others might think, 2005 was a banner year for Abject Learning. If nothing else, it was my portal and lifeline connecting me to some brilliant peers and wonderful friends. Thank you for commenting, linking, arguing or just stopping by… And I wish all of you the best of the season, however you choose to celebrate.

This entry was posted in Administrivia. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to See ya on the other side