The real big news…

Forget about the latest confirmation that the Web 2.0 business model is to get bought by Yahoo! or Google. My own big news is surviving the day that is circled in blood-red ink on my calendar every year. We met the TLEF application deadline, submitting our office’s raison d’etre a full hour before the doors slam shut… now all that remains to be seen is if the University powers agree with our justification for existence.

It was the usual administrative root canal. Not as bad as previous years, though that’s not saying much. I work with some very talented people with loads of great ideas, both in my own unit and across the campus, which makes the whole process just bearable.

I mainly blog this for people wondering why I haven’t been responding to their emails, or who are waiting on other work from me. I am now moving to address the massive slushpile of shameful neglect. I’m almost afraid to look.

This entry was posted in Administrivia. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to The real big news…