And now he is four…

He's four

The latest birthday seems to call for it, but I really can’t write a post that does justice to my little man Harry. I hope it suffices to say that while fatherhood has been the greatest challenge of my life, one that has wreaked havoc on my sleep patterns and my sense of self, it has also been the most rewarding thing I’ve ever experienced. I can only hope that my many shortcomings don’t prevent me from doing an adequate job of it. This kid deserves a super-Dad (thankfully, Keira covers the motherhood side quite magnificently).

Thank you Harry, for helping me to see the world through new eyes, and opening up a whole new way of being in that world. Thank you for being the funniest and most utterly charming person I know. I love you so much it drives me crazy.

A little treat for Harry’s legion of admirers: the first song co-written by The Lamb Boyz, a little ditty entitled “Ice Cream Piggy-Wiggy” (1.2 MB MP3). It was recorded some months ago, so the boy has made about a half-dozen quantum leaps in verbal skill since then. I wish I could say the same thing about my guitar playing. Harry doubles up on the xylophone, that’s Mom on harmonica, percussion and “woo-woo’s”, and Jason Toal adds some vocals and did the recording.

And for those of you that missed the original post, and since it’s birthday appropriate, an encore of Harry’s Cake Mix (794 KB MP3).

technorati tags:, ,

7 Responses to And now he is four…