Quickie screencast – distributed content publishing via blogs, RSS, whatever…

mixing up hot 'n spicy courses...

My colleague Novak Rogic and I are presenting at the BCNet conference tomorrow on our shared obsession, which though it lacks a snazzy catchphrase essentially comes down to a distributed publishing model. Content is created in whatever environment the author feels most comfortable with — so long as it generates full RSS feeds. Content is then syndicated, maybe remixed with other feeds, and then republished wherever the readers are, in as many places as is desirable.

This miniscreencast is something of an experiment in content development in itself. From the idea, to the planning, to the recording, to the writing of this blog post, the total time investment was something like twenty minutes. Rather than wait for the perfect time to materialize, I decided to just bash the sucker out. During recording, I had a firm time limit enforced by an impending appointment, which may account for the frantic tone. I hope the result isn’t incoherent. Novak and I definitely share a vision, but our record at getting others on the electric kool-aid syndication bus isn’t as successful as I’d like. Maybe we are just tripping in a self-reinforcing collaborative hallucination. That’s usually my kind of party, and I’ll wig out on it indefinitely unless an intervention happens.

Original .mov file (9MB)

10 Responses to Quickie screencast – distributed content publishing via blogs, RSS, whatever…