Jammed Advertisement

jammed-advertisement

Even though this advertisement is not necessarily approved by the original “got milk?” campaign, it still acts efficiently as an advertisement for the campaign as it endorses the product and has incorporated the “got milk?” logo. Furthermore, due to its nature, the chances are this advertisement has been viewed by more consumers than the original “got milk?” posters. Although this advertisement was already absurdly sexist to begin with, I tried to make my jammed version even more blunt and outrageous. The first thing I did in my jammed version was change the wording on the top of the poster. I chose the words “BOOBS ARE FOR MEN,” in order to remove the “humour” aspect of the original advertisements word choice. This also allowed me to be more direct with the message it was attempting to convey. Additionally, I made the word “BOOBS,” larger than any other word on the page as well as underlined, making it the main focus and causing it to grab male attention. While funnyordie.com deliberately parodied the campaign with the intent of being “comical,” I thought it was necessary to cover up the funnyordie.com logo. Hence, why I purposely made the bottom cover-up portion larger than required. Even if the intent is to not be taken seriously, the string of parodied advertisements are extremely sexist therefore having the logo there in no way excuses the actions. Alike other societal issues, the degradation of women should not be joked about under any circumstances.  As a society we need to take a stand and let people know that this type of advertising is unacceptable. Finally, I chose the words, “FEED YOUR BABY UNATURAL AND NUTRIENT LACKING COWS MILK SO YOU DON’T HAVE TO SHARE YOUR BOOBS.” This was done to highlight the outrageousness of the original ad. It is common knowledge that breast milk provides countless nutrients that babies need for healthy development. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that parents do not use cows milk as a substitute. Additionally, I finished my statement using “YOUR BOOBS” to emphasize the male chauvinistic message of the original advertisement.