What transcripts do I have to submit by January 31, 2018?

We have received several inquiries regarding the transcripts that must be submitted by January 31, 2018. Please note that we accept transcripts postmarked/mailed by this date.

All BSN applicants must submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended. The official transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing institutions to UBC Undergraduate Admissions, 2016–1874 East Mall, Vancouver, BC Canada V6T 1Z1.

Applicants who are completing a prerequisite course must submit an official transcript showing that the course is in progress (interim grades are not required). The final official transcript deadline for prerequisite courses in progress at the time of application is June 15, 2018.

High school transcripts are not required for admission to our program.

UBC current or former students are not required to submit their UBC transcript.

Please note that the School of Nursing cannot confirm receipt of transcript. Please check you application status regularly on the Student Service Centre.

What is PLAR and do I have to submit an application?

The School of Nursing implemented the Prior Learning Assessment Review (PLAR) process to determine whether or not an applicant meets the human anatomy and physiology requirement for courses completed outside BC or not articulated in the BC Transfer Guide. In order to meet this requirement, an applicant needs a 6-credit (full year) course in human anatomy and physiology (UBC BIOL 153 or equivalent) completed within 7 years at the time of application.

Details regarding the PLAR review process and application forms are available at https://nursing.ubc.ca/undergraduate-program/admissions under Course Prerequistes.   We accept PLAR applications postmarked/emailed (information@nursing.ubc.ca) by  January 31, 2018.

Continue reading

Checklist before the BSN supplemental application and transcript deadline of January 31, 2018

The supplemental application and official transcript/document deadline is Wednesday January 31, 2018 at 11:59pm PST. Please see checklist below to assist you with your application.

– Have I submitted the supplemental application and paid the supplemental application fee?

– Have I ordered official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended (except UBC), including institutions where I am currently taking courses? Have I submitted all other outstanding documents (if applicable)? We accept official transcripts that are postmarked by January 31, 2018. The School of Nursing cannot confirm receipt of transcripts. Check you application status regularly on Student Service Centre under Admissions> Application Status. Please note that it may take the Admissions Office two to three weeks to process transcripts and other documentation.

– Have I checked the Nursing website under Course Prerequisites to determine if I have to submit a PLAR application? We accept PLAR applications postmarked or emailed to information@nursing.ubc.ca by January 31, 2018.

– Have I registered for CASPer assessment? Go to http://takecasper.com/test-dates/#testdates to register and schedule CASPer using your UBC student number. Make sure you register for Canadian Nursing School (2018 Admissions) CASPer. If you are reapplying to the program and wrote Canadian Nursing School (2017 Admissions) CASPer, you need to register to take Canadian Nursing School (2018 Admissions) CASPer. Your CASPer results are valid for a single application cycle.

About the BSN Admissions Blog

The BSN Admissions Blog was designed to guide prospective nursing applicants through the application process.  Check the blog frequently for updates, reminders and announcements!

If you have any questions, please send them to information@nursing.ubc.ca