About Me

This is the story of a girl from Ontario. Growing up in a town just north of Toronto, her Ontario life consisted of going to Canada’s Wonderland, drinking milk out of bags, and meeting Lindsay Lohan when Mean Girls was filmed on her street. In high school, she directed plays, made posters for student council, and once helped stick a bunch of forks in a soccer field. After graduating, she took the road less travelled (or not travelled at all) by her classmates, and moved across the country to Vancouver.

Since coming to UBC, I’ve become addicted to coffee, finally purchased a pair of rainboots, and stopped talking in the third person. I’ve developed a newfound love for yoga, adopted a bike as my preferred mode of transportation and started carrying around a reusable mug in my quest to become the ultimate stereotypical Vancouverite. I still make nerdy science jokes and do embarrassing things on a regular basis, such as falling off my bike in the middle of East Mall while trying to bypass a construction zone.

Between attending lectures and writing lab reports as a second-year student in the Faculty of Science, I enforce quiet hours as Residence Advisor in Totem Park’s Kwak house, show prospective students the wonders of UBC (and the best nap spots) as a Student Ambassador, and recognize “awesome” (pun intended) involved students as the Awards Coordinator for the 2013 UBC Student Leadership Conference.

But the most important thing you need to know about me is that I am in love with UBC and my West coast life, and I never get tired of telling people about the awesomeness that is this campus. Prospective students, feel free to contact me and ask about all things UBC, from course selection to residence life to rainboot advice. I’d be happy to help you out.

Send me an email at campbell.drohan@hotmail.com
Or find me on Twitter

4 responses to “About Me

1. Christopher Sauer

Dear Campbell,
    I’m a prospective exchange student to UBC, and I’m trying to go to Canada on brazilian government scholarship called “Science Without Borders”. My degree is electrical engineering. I want to ask you if it’s possible to have a minor in science while studying engineering (like a minor in geophysics – it’s an area that ineterests me very much). Or maybe a double major?
    Thank you.

2. Hey Campbell,
    I want to apply to UBC for masters in civil engg. What are the academic requirements that i need to like guarantee my admission? And ur blog and story is great ! 🙂

Cheers!

3. Hi Camp:
    Thanks to all of your posts and they were all helpful to me! I am a prospective science student who is coming to UBC this year. Could you help me plan my first year courses in order to declare my major? I would love to hear back from you and thanks again for all the good workS at UBC!