About

My name is Aleea. I will graduate from the University of British Columbia in June of 2017. My major is Political Science. I chose this major because I hope to be able to change the world, and believe that I will be best able to do this through some sort of political influence. My Scandinavian heritage lead me to pursue a minor in Scandinavian studies as well. Ideally, I see myself living and working in Sweden, as I can speak Swedish and love the country. On the other hand, I was born and raised in BC and part of me never wants to leave this beautiful province.

I grew up in a very small town, so coming to UBC has shown me how to adapt to new environments. Expanding my world view is very important to me, and I have spent time travelling alone. I learned a lot about myself during these trips, but most importantly I believe I am more compassionate and flexible because of them.

As a very caring person, I really want to be able to help people and have a positive impact on the Earth. My career goals are still forming (and I believe this is okay because as an undergraduate student, I am still learning). However, I do see myself working for an environmental based NGO, or a human rights based organization. I do not know the details of these aspirations, but I know that my passion for positive change will lead me to a career in one of these broad areas of focus.