What is integrative medical care?
“… Integrative medicine emphasizes relationship-centered care, develops an understanding of the patient’s culture and beliefs to help facilitate the healing response, focuses on the unique characteristics of the individual person based on the interaction of mind, body, spirit, and community …and regards the patient as an active partner who takes personal responsibility for health”
~ Rakel’s Integrative Medicine
- Rakel: Integrative Medicine, 2ed draws on solid scientific evidence as well as extensive first-hand experience. It provides practical information to integrate complementary and alternative treatment modalities into medical practice. Rakel also explains how alternative therapies help to remedy conditions that have not responded to traditional allopathic treatments. The text presents integrative treatments for a range of diseases including autism, stroke, chronic fatigue syndrome and cancer and offers advice on topics such as meditation, diet and exercises for back pain. Twenty-four new chapters and new organization make this landmark text more useful than ever.
- Natural Standard: the authority on integrative medicine is an international research collaboration that synthesizes data on complementary and alternative therapies. It uses comprehensive methods and reproducible grading scales, and all of the information presented is evidence-based, consensus-based, and peer-reviewed, tapping into the considerable expertise of the editorial board.
- Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
- British College of Integrative Medicine (BCIM)
- Beth Israel Medical Center, Beth Israel Medical Center: Department of Integrative Medicine
- California Institute of Integral Studies. Integrative Health Studies Program Guide
- Canadian Institute of Natural and Integrative Medicine (CINIM)
- Consortium of Academic Health Centers for Integrative Medicine
- Hartford Hospital, Connecticut, Department of Integrative Medicine – Hartford Hospital, Connecticut
- International Journal of Integrated Care
- Osher Center for Integrative Medicine
- University of Michigan, University of Michigan Integrative Medicine
- University of Maryland, Center for Integrative Medicine: University of Maryland School of Medicine
- University of North Carolina, Welcome to the Program on Integrative Medicine! – Program on Integrative Medicine