About

About this Website Portfolio

Welcome! My name is Diane Keyes and this is my website portfolio. Here you will find documentation of my academic and professional engagements since 2014 along with samples of my written work. This portfolio is presented as a case for a masters program in Ethics and Organization at Universität Witten/Herdecke.

Site Navigation

On this site you will find pages dedicated to different elements of my portfolio including affiliations (with partner organizations and institutions), resume, LinkedIn profile, application package (to a masters program at Universität Witten/Herdecke), sample works (including a formal analytical report and technical definitions), and a reflection blog (a collection of self-reflections on my learning and writing process). These pages can be found on the banner at the top of the page.

About the Website Portfolio Creation

This website portfolio was created through the course ‘English 301 – Technical Writing’ offered through the University of British Columbia. It is a writing-intensive online course designed to help students at the undergraduate or graduate level develop several professional writing capacities.

A main objective of this course is to help students develop the capacity to write in business, professional, and technical contexts. This involves becoming acquainted with the characteristics of business, professional, and technical writing, as well as becoming equipped with techniques for writing in these styles. The course also endeavors to acquaint students with UBC’s Career Services resources. The course also aims to increase student’s capacities to reflect and edit their own work.

Learning will take place through reading texts, completing short and long writing assignments, peer editing, online discussions, and analyzing documents from the business, professional, and technical contexts.

Two major course assignments will be the creation of two digital portfolios: a LinkedIn profile and professional website. Other assignments include writing:

• Report proposal
  • Report outline
  • Report draft
  • Resume
  • Job application
  • Formal report draft
  • Unit reflections
  • Peer reviews
  • Memos and emails for professional contexts