January 25, 2017 Announcement

Hello everyone,

1  Final assignments are due anytime between January 30th-February 8th.  Please choose one of the assignments described in the drop-down menu at the Assignment tab.  I encourage you to select based on what is most relevant and meaningful to you at this time.

2  Please read the following article for next class (see EDST403 in Connect): Calvert Evering, C. & Moorman, G. (2012). Rethinking plagiarism in the digital age. Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy, 56(1), 35-44. doi: 10.1002/JAAL.00100

3  Thank you for your “Conversation about new/old curriculum” posts. These were a pleasure to read–good work! I have commented on everyone’s posts on the WordPress site. If, by accident, I missed yours, please let me know via email and send me a link to your post.  If you are interested in reading your peers’ work, go here.

4 The work you did on embodied knowing, intuition and estimation, indigenous ways of knowing and mindfulness can be found here.

5  As you all know, Marika Van Dommelen from the Rick Hansen Foundation School Program will be coming to our next class to lead us in some workshop activities. I have invited her in for a few reasons, one of which is that I believe our school curriculum (broadly conceived) is largely geared at able-bodied children. Though some might argue that this is not so, I think we (as educators) often proceed with the able-bodied child in mind.  I’m interested to learn how the RHF might help us shift our thinking.

6 Please bring your laptop to class or any device that allows you to access the internet.

Please email me if you have any questions or feedback related to the course.

Kind regards,

Isabeau

Isabeau Iqbal, PhD

Instructor, EDST 403 (Education, Knowledge and Curriculum)
University of British Columbia
Faculty of Education
Course site: blogs.ubc.ca/edst403
Phone 604 827 0648

isabeau.iqbal@ubc.ca | @isabeauiqbal
http://isabeauiqbal.ca

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.