Biography

Hi all! My name is Emily Jasmine Krisnamurti. I am a 4th year Psychology student in University of British Columbia. Therefore, this marks my last year as an undergraduate in UBC. I knew I wanted to take Psychology as a major ever since I was introduced to that subject in high school. I took a Psychology class and it quickly became my favorite subject. Every time I learn Psychology, I discover and understand more about myself and people around me.

I am currently back home, in Indonesia whilst doing my Distance Education. On top of my online courses, I was an intern in a Human Resource consulting company called Korn Ferry as a Project Support intern up until end of July. Right now, I am an intern at L’Oreal Indonesia in the Learning for Development division under the Human Resources department. I am also a co-founder of a non-profit organization that focuses on raising awareness surrounding mental health issues in Indonesia called “Ubah Stigma” (translated as “Change the Stigma”).

My academic interest is, obviously, Psychology and mental well-being in general. Throughout my undergraduate years in UBC, I had the privilege of understanding more about the human mind, human behaviour and mental health. But one topic I want to learn more about is Organizational Psychology. In terms of my professional interest, I am currently venturing the field of Human Resources, that is why I am trying to gain experiences through interning in the HR department. But ultimately, my passion is being involved in a social movement, which is why I created an organization in the field I’m most involved and passionate in. I believe that being exposed to a corporate setting and learning about self-development and people development is a skill needed to fulfill my career aspiration, because that way I am able to understand and acquire the expertise to help others through my organization.