0 of 4 questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
0 of 4 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Did you get 100% on this quiz?
- Yes: Click on the green ‘Click Here to Continue’ button below to move on to next lesson.
- No: Click on the blue ‘View questions’ button below to review the questions along with answer keys. Then, click on the ‘Restart quiz’ button to re-take the quiz.
Intonation –Pitch, Duration, and Intensity–plays an important role in speech, and can change the meaning of words and sentences. Match these properties with their definitions by dragging the definition into the box next to the property:
- Whether a sound is higher or lower than the sounds around it. The most important factor in Japanese intonation patterns.
- The length of a speech sound
- The relative loudness of sounds
Which property plays the least important role in Japanese intonation?CorrectIncorrect
Which one is the correct pronunciation of the Japanese word for “rain”?CorrectIncorrect
Which one is the correct pronunciation of the Japanese word for “grandmother”?CorrectIncorrect