Make a one-time donation, or sign-up for payroll deductions in support of the UBC United Way Campaign. In addition to qualifying to take part in four fun activities with your Brock Hall colleagues, your name will be entered to win weekly prizes through the month of November!
Watch this space! Information about upcoming fundraising opportunities expected to come later today (Tuesday)
Fall graduation is just around the corner and we are sending a call out to help with the ceremonies in Vancouver. Graduation will take place between November 27-29.
The job is simple and is a great opportunity for you to connect with students and participate in an exciting and important UBC event. You will be helping us to hand the student’s their diplomas before they go to their ceremony, held in the Chan Centre for the Performing Arts. Starting this Fall, the distribution venue has changed for us and you will be helping out at Thea’s Lounge.
We will need 2 volunteers for each ceremony and the time commitment is only about 60 to 90 minutes.
How it works:
- Sign up to volunteer at the link below.
- Put the date and time in your calendar.
- Show up on time at Thea’s Lounge, on the 2nd floor of Thea Koerner House, at the time noted in the Doodle. (Take note veteran volunteers, this is a change from previous ceremonies.)
- You’ll be helping hand out the diplomas to students as they arrive.
- When the diplomas have all been given out, you’re free to head back to your office.
To sign up please visit the Doodle poll in the link below:
The signup deadline is Friday, November 1st.
The ceremony schedule can be found at the following link: https://graduation.ubc.ca/schedule/
Thanks to all who are able to help out!
This year we will be celebrating the holidays on Thursday, December 12 from 3:00 to 6:00 pm. Join your ES colleagues for some snacks, beverages, and the opportunity to connect.
We hope that an earlier start and holding the event on a Thursday will allow those of you have flex on Fridays, or have childcare, commuting, or other considerations to take part in the celebration.
Proceeds from all our fundraising efforts will be donated to the UBC United Way campaign. One of the ways we will raise funds is through the sale of 50/50 tickets. We’ll share information about the 50/50 and other fun-draising activities in the coming weeks.
Have an ugly Christmas sweater or a funny holiday hat? Dress up in your festive best for a chance to win a prize!
The annual gingerbread house competition is back and better than ever! We consulted with the talented and creative Student Communications Services Social Squad to come up with some fresh ideas for the competition. Most of the rules will remain the same (we’ll share them later), but we will be expanding the ways your team can win!
There will be five ways to win a prize for your units gingerbread creation!
- Most delicious
- Most creative
- Best execution
- Best overall The winner will be determined by a calculation of scores from the first three categories. The best overall winner will receive the coveted gingerbread house competition trophy.
- People’s choice as voted on by the UBC community through “Bucks for Votes”, a UBC United Way Campaign fundraiser.
Gingerbread kits and all rules and information will be distributed in the last week of November. As an additional bonus, each unit will be granted $10 to use to build their gingerbread creation.
Last but not least, we need your help!
Please contact Coby and Ashley as to volunteer to help plan for the event, make decorations, set-up before and/or clean-up after the event.