CicyBig congratulations go to Cicy Guimond, Financial & Business Analyst, who has recently been awarded an assistantship by WARUCC in support of her professional development! We connected with Cicy to learn more about it.

What is an assistantship?

An assistantship is an arrangement in which a student engages in professional development that will benefit the university/association/group that provides financial assistance. In this case, I applied for the J. David McLeod Assistantship Fund which is offered to members of the Western Association of Registrars of the Universities and Colleges of Canada (WARUCC). In exchange for financial aid, I will be expected to present at the next WARUCC conference to share my professional development with the association.

Why did you apply?

I believe higher education is extremely important, both for personal growth and for the betterment of society. I’m always looking for ways to improve my skills and gain more knowledge, so this is an awesome opportunity to share my thoughts with colleagues who are equally enthusiastic about continuous development.

How are you looking forward to taking advantage of the assistantship?

I am currently taking the Masters of Business Administration program at Laurentian University through online studies. Through the program, I will be further developing my skills in problem solving, strategic thinking, risk analysis, and more. I haven’t quite figured out what I’ll be presenting yet, but I still have a year and half to learn as much as I can!

Great job Cicy!