Many of us have begun to return to the office on a part-time or full-time basis, while others will transition back over the next few months. Please read the information below to ensure that you are prepared for your transition back to campus.
Health & Safety Considerations
Enrolment Services and UBC will continue to follow BC Public Health guidelines from the BC Ministry of Health, the Public Health Officer, and the BC Restart Guide. When, or if, directives change, we will follow suit.
Mask guidance in Step 3 of the BC Restart Guide (current state)
- Masks are recommended in indoor public places for all people 12 and older who are not yet fully vaccinated.
- Continue to wear a mask until you’re fully vaccinated, which is 14 days after receiving dose 2.
- Some people may choose to continue to wear a mask after they’re fully vaccinated and that’s okay.
- Update: As of August 10, all students, faculty, staff and visitors to UBC’s Okanagan campus are required to wear a mask while in any university indoor common spaces AND in spaces that are high traffic and/or require close proximity to others.
Step 4 may begin as early as September 7, at which time:
- Masks in public indoor settings are a personal choice.
- Normal social contact resumes.
- Individuals who feel sick should stay at home and get tested.
The criteria for moving to Step 4 is more than 70% of the 18+ population vaccinated with dose 1, along with low case counts and low COVID-19 hospitalizations.
- Individuals are responsible for cleaning their workspaces, as this is not done by custodial services. Cleaning supplies are provided.
- Custodial services will clean and sanitize common areas in main office spaces, hallways, washrooms, etc.
- Keep in mind that the risk of surface transmission is extremely low as COVID is an airborne virus.
- More information about building hygiene and maintenance can be found at:
- https://ok.ubc.ca/covid19/operations (Okanagan)
- http://facilities.ubc.ca/covid-19 (Vancouver)
- https://srs.ubc.ca/covid-19/ubc-campus-rules-guidance-documents (Okanagan and Vancouver)
In preparation for your return to campus
- Complete the mandatory:
- For Vancouver campus staff who took their office chairs home, please complete the chairs inventory survey by August 13
- In the Remote Work* Team Plans pages on canvas, you can find the ES unit-level return and remote work plans, which includes information about your teams plans for technology, space and scheduling for the upcoming months.
*If you have never logged into the ES Learning Centre, you may need to self-enroll first: https://canvas.ubc.ca/enroll/GFKJD8
On- and off-campus schedule transparency
- Staff working on the Vancouver campus must continue to record their attendance on Confluence until we move to Step 4.
- Okanagan staff should continue to follow your campus-specific protocol.
- All staff are to update their Outlook calendar to indicate days working from home (create appointment in Outlook for remote work days, and show as “working elsewhere”).
- All staff are to put their on/off campus work schedule in Microsoft Teams status.
Working from home
All staff who are currently, or will be, working at home alone are required to complete:
- UBC’s online Remote Work training
- A working alone plan and safety assessment – Speak to your manager if you need support to complete the forms.
We are looking forward to seeing you in real life again soon! In the meantime, don’t forget to read Remote Work* information on Canvas to learn about ES’s approach to implementing the UBC Remote Work Program.
*Or https://canvas.ubc.ca/enroll/GFKJD8 to self-enroll