After you have read about the e-learning continuum and the other frameworks and perspectives of e-learning, share your thoughts and reactions. Here are some questions to get you thinking but don’t feel compelled to answer them all:
- Have they changed your view of what e-learning is?
- Do you think these perspectives and frameworks adequately describe the concept?
- What, if anything, has been left out by these frameworks?
- What do you think about our point about e-learning being more than simply using technology to enhance existing teaching approaches?
- Sinclair et al. propose what is probably the most radical conception of e-learning. What is your reaction to this? How realistic do you think it is?
- What do you think of the three distinctive differences between e-learning and distance education identified by Guri-Rosenblit?
- What kind of e-learning is most relevant to you?