While doing a research on residential schooling in Canada, I came across this website. It’s an educational website on “healing the legacy of the residential schools”. It’s divided into the following 6 section:
- Blackboard: You can experience an interactive history of residential schools in Canada
- Map: You can travel through the map and timeline to visit schools and explore the history of residential schools in Canada
- Bookcase: You can select textbooks, the dictionary and teacher’s guide. This section is beneficial to SS and history teachers.
- School: You can explore Mohawk Institute Residential School in 3D. This will help you visualize what the RS was like back in time.
- Projector: You can listen to the RS survivors and their lives before, during, and after residential schools.
- Exhibit: This section is a photo gallery.
I discovered some information on residential schools in Canada from this website and used it for my final project.