Hello from Susan Wilson

Hello everyone!  My name is Susan Wilson and I am in my second year and hopefully final year in the ETEC program. 

I live and teach in Wawota Saskatchewan.  I am excited to have taken a leave from my administrative duties and a partial leave from my teaching responsibilities so that I can work through seven courses this year.  I love teaching without the administrative stress and I am happy to get back into classes.

This year I will be teaching three classes online; Physics 20, Physics 30 and Accounting 10.  I am also excited about teaching my oldest son in Grade 5.  We will be doing a little desktop publishing then hopefully pod and video casts.  Before touching the computers we are working on teamwork and collaboration skills though : )

In addition to my son in grade 5, I also have two daughters; one in grade 4 and the other in grade 1.  Since I only teach mornings, I have time to myself in the afternoons.  This is difficult to get used to but I’m sure that I will soon come to enjoy it!

You can reach me at swils00@gmail.com .  My twitter name is swils and I use the same for my del.icio.us account if you are interested in sharing!

1 Jarrod Bell { 09.02.08 at 2:04 pm }

Glad to see another Physics teacher! I’m on my sixth course and decided to string out the program so I’ll do three this year instead of five as my new job is, well new and has lots to learn. Plus the dozen or so parent meetings I need to do at night this month don’t lend to two a semester right now. Nice to meet you!

2 davidp { 09.02.08 at 4:01 pm }

Susan, this is cool. You’re having a bi-directional experience – taking an online course while teaching three yourself. What a profile!

d.