Intro – Bryan Funk

Hi.  My name is Bryan and I am taking my 3rd and 4th MET courses this fall.  I started last September at the same time I started my new position as rookie Vice Principal in a brand new K-9 school.  So new  that we didn’t have a gymnasium until December and we had 60 grade ones and 3 teachers in our music room for 4 weeks while we waited for classrooms to be finished.  I had previously taught Grade 9 Math and Science for 9 years and last years start-up experience will be one I’ll never forget.  This year I find myself teaching our Multimedia courses and I am really looking forward to using the things I have already learned in my course work.

I  thoroughly enjoyed my last two courses ( I wisely took only one in each term) and I am looking forward to working with everyone in this term.

You can email me at bryan.funk06@gmail.com

1 davidp { 09.02.08 at 10:26 pm }

Hello Bryan. Your “start-up” experience of a year ago will prepare you well for the activities of a venture designer in ETEC 522. Many of the surprises and improvisations you experienced in that domain will be a good foundation for this one.

d.

2 Jarrod Bell { 09.04.08 at 6:39 am }

I was thinking something similar as David mentioned. Start-up experiences would lend well to adaptability and innovation as we generally have to build the plane while we are flying it, or in your case build the school while you are teaching in it.

What SD are you in?

JB

3 Bryan Funk { 09.10.08 at 9:41 pm }

I am in the Grande Prairie Public School District in GP Alberta.