Intro from Ken

Hi all,

My name is Ken Heales (it’s pronounced Hales, don’t ask me why, I’ve had to deal with mispronunciations all my life) and I live and teach in 100 Mile House in B.C.’s Cariboo region.  I currently teach Socials 10 and 11, Forestry 11 and 12, and First Nations tutorial (previously called IDSFN, if you really want to know what it stood for I can let you know). I love living in the Cariboo as there are lots of opportunities for fly fishing, hiking, and playing old timer’s hockey (badly).  I’m married to my wonderful wife, Lianne, and we have two great kids, Ian (11) and Heather (8).

This is my 7th course in the MET program and I think I can begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel (just barely).  I’m doing the program one course at a time because I have a full course load to teach.  I tried two at once last year and quickly came to the realization that it was too much.  My hat’s off to those that can successfully manage several courses at once.

I’m heading into this course with no real background in business so I’m hoping that the learning curve will be steep.  I have a fair to middling grasp of technology and try to use it where I can in my teaching but I am limited to the technology available in our school.

I’m looking forward to working with you all in this course.

Cheers,

Ken

1 davidp { 09.02.08 at 5:39 pm }

Welcome Ken.

You’ll quickly learn all you need to make initial business decisions about learning technologies. Your classmates, your own interests and the exploratory nature of this course and its resources will be the combined ingredients for a rapid introduction to the principles of venture analysis. You already have a grasp of technologies that you can fold into the rich mix.

d.

2 David Wees { 09.02.08 at 5:42 pm }

Aaah, must be nice to see some light. At least this course feels to me like it’s going to be really relevant and based in some fun, practical examples.

Great picture.

Dave

3 Jarrod Bell { 09.02.08 at 6:45 pm }

Hi Ken, nice to work with you again.
JB

4 cwickes { 09.03.08 at 10:19 am }

Hey Ken,
Weird how life is connected…. Nice to hear that you are doing well (busy!) and working in this program.
All the best,
Cori

5 Bruce Spencer { 09.14.08 at 3:14 pm }

Hello Ken

Looks like we’re working together in Module Group 7. Do you have an email account where we can contact you?

Bruce