Intro – Mary Burgess

Hi Everyone – I’m Mary Burgess, this is my 7th course in the MET program, I’m also doing another course this semester so that’ll make 8… I can see the lights of the oncoming train!!

I manage a unit of course developers at Royal Roads University – we are the Centre for Teaching and Educational Technologies. I’ve been an instructional designer for 8 years and was a network admin prior to that, so have a pretty geeky past. I took on the management gig after returning from mat leave this past April. I now have a 16 month old daughter – Fiona, who keeps my husband and I on the run!

I was born in Victoria and have lived on the island most of my life except for a brief stint in New Brunswick a few years back.

Really looking forward to the course, love the opportunity to do it in a blog!

Mary and Fiona

Mary and Fiona

1 comment

1 davidp { 09.02.08 at 8:22 pm }

Welcome Mary.

Never enough geekiness to go around. We’ve all got some kind of geeky past, and we should be proud of it. I’m sure your unit at RRU keeps the courses humming and university faculty happy – that’s a good thing. We have really great folks behind the scenes in ETEC522 keeping us all happy, too.

Cheers!

d.