Introduction – Jarrod Bell

Hi there, my name is Jarrod Bell. I work in School District 60: Peace River North as the Principal of Technology for the district. I’m just transitioning from my previous job as a physics and computers teacher as well as educational technology itinerant for the district. Here is a shot of me above the Peace River between Hudson’s Hope and Fort St John taken last October.

I’ve been fortunate to work with people like Gerry Paille and David Vandergugten on many projects including moodle, wireless writing project, wordpress, DL etc. I’m excited to see the course is in a WordPress blog as I’ve switched over all my district public sites to WordPress (really simple to do and free if you have a web server).

We’re providing our teachers with Moodle space and have even started selling curriculum courses built in moodle to other districts. This is a major reason I am interested in the ventures course as it appears to be something that will only get bigger with how the current BC legislation is reshaping distributed learning.

You can reach me at jkbell@telus.net

Looking forward to working and learning with everyone!

1 Crystal Pullman { 09.02.08 at 2:21 pm }

Thanks for the advice! Principal of Technology sounds like fun, and a lot of work. I’ve been wondering what other jobs there are in the field of education, aside from the obvious, as I’m not sure that teaching is really what I want to do.

Glad to meet you!

2 davidp { 09.02.08 at 4:12 pm }

Hi Jarrod. Welcome.

I know both of your colleagues, GerryP and DavidV, and spent some time discussing course models with GerryP at Thompson Rivers University last week. You have good mentors.

Yes indeed, K-12 online education in British Columbia has been launched into a new and exciting era.

3 Kenneth Heales { 09.03.08 at 5:47 pm }

Hi Jarrod,
Good to see you again. We seem to be mirroring each other with our course selections.
Cheers,
Ken

4 Carolann Fraenkel { 09.06.08 at 4:52 pm }

Hi Jarrod,

So how’s the new job? It sounds like it should be interesting. I wonder if you will miss the teaching. That is the thing that keeps me from taking the leap into administration. I really enjoy being with the kids.

Its great to see you again. This class should be really interesting. I sincerely hope the server issue gets fixed soon, it is very frustrating.

Carolann