Introductions, M1, Kampschuur

Hello:

Today am celebrating the one week birthday of my daughter.  For the next eight months I am on parental leave and will also endeavour to complete the MET program with 521, 522, and 531 this term and two electives next term.  During this time I will also make an attempt at getting into some semblance of shape to participate in my third Ironman next August.

I am Faculty with Kwantlen Polytechnic University, and as a Chartered Accountant I teach for the professional accounting bodies and participate in the development of programs as a designer and content expert.

I reside in South Surrey and can be reached at [edited so no longer in proper format / spamming] marc[underscore]met@shaw.ca and here is a little clip of our triathlon adventures.

Am now tired from trying to figure out “proper form” for the e-mail and working around non-functional menu buttons in the editor.  Think this evening I can call it a tie – Marc 1, Technology 1.  Look forward to sharing this adventure with you and the applications of learning technologies that we will encounter in the course (including this blog).

Cheers, Marc

1 David Wees { 09.03.08 at 2:31 am }

Yeah I know where you are coming from. I noticed when I edited my post there was a message on the side that said ‘You may not edit posts with this user’, but of course I was in the middle of editing my post and I was successful!

Dave 1 Technology 0

2 Mary Burgess { 09.03.08 at 8:07 am }

Wow Marc, I hope you’re getting some sleep with that new little one!!

3 davidp { 09.03.08 at 10:39 am }

Welcome Marc.

Yes, a few growing pains with Word Press multi-user blogs as we navigate some new terrain. We’ll have it all worked out by the the time we reach end, I’m sure. ;-}

d.

4 Joe Dobson { 09.03.08 at 7:52 pm }

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter – the first year is a heck of a ride.

5 Marc Kampschuur { 09.03.08 at 9:58 pm }

So far our daughter seems very good natured (no idea where she got that from), cries when she needs something but very briefly and not at all frequently. Seems very tolerant of being handled too, couple people over earlier this evening and no difficulty sleeping in any of their arms. From my observations of friends’ children, each year seems to have it own highs & lows, one thing is for certain though, as one of my childless friends puts it “they’re permanent.”

This is my first use of a blog and initial impression is its a little overwhelming as there appears to be a less defined structure (no threading of messages, no tracking of old/new) than with WebCT though this may also be attributed to my lack of familiarity with the platform.

6 Michael Peterson { 09.06.08 at 8:58 pm }

Hi Marc,

Congratulations on the little one – and on an ambitious year (new baby, grad school and Ironman – wow). I caught your slide show earlier this week and really enjoyed it.

I’ll be up for Penticton in 09 too – might get to say hi at one of the other events over the next year.