Melissa’s Introduction

Hello,

My name is Melissa Anders. I am originally from Montreal, but moved to Vancouver a year and a half ago, following my partner who got accepted to Law School at UBC. This semester, I am taking my 8th and 9th courses in the MET program, this course as well as ETEC 531. I can’t believe I am so close to the end of the program already.

As an elementary school teacher, I have always been interested in the role technology can play in assisting in teaching young students to read. The majority of programs I have used when helping students with reading difficulties have all been in book format. I am interested in exploring what computer or internet based programs do or do not exist.

I look forward to working with you all and getting to know you better over the course of the semester.

1 davidp { 09.02.08 at 3:58 pm }

Welcome Melissa.

Yes, there have been quite a few software systems built with reading as a target. You’d be a better judge than us to what works or what opportunities remain for building even better more personalized software in this domain of practice.

2 cwickes { 09.03.08 at 2:52 pm }

Hi Melissa,
Thanks for the nice comments on my posting. Looking forward to working with you too.
Cori