Another “old timer” …

Hi all:

My name is Joey (short for Joanne).  I’ve been working at BC Institute of Technology for a number of years where I have also studied and taught courses in computer technology, and conducted applied research projects in information technology.

My main interest is in the direction of education, and educational technology which led me to the MET program. The experience has been a many-splendored thing (like Cheryl, I am another struggling old-timer) — humbling, thought-provoking, enlightening, and very enjoyable.  I can’t believe that I’m nearing the end.  This term I am taking my 9th and 10th MET courses, and there is still so much to learn!

As others have observed, while educational technologies are not a silver bullet there are so many opportunities in which they can be applied well.  Through this course I want to gain some insights into how to best integrate my experience in business and systems analysis with the business of e-learning.  I am looking forward to working with and learning from all of you.

1 davidp { 09.03.08 at 7:14 pm }

Welcome Joey.

Sounds like you have lots of first-hand experience to draw upon in linking instructional technology with business opportunities.

d.

2 Marc Kampschuur { 09.03.08 at 10:01 pm }

Hi Joey:

Am curious about the applied research projects, can you elaborate? I also worked at BCIT for a couple of years but Kwantlen cut hours off my daily commute, smaller class sizes, different structure, higher level courses so headed to greener pastures (though some may see the grass is greener on the other side because of more manure…). Was hard to leave BCIT though, worked with good faculty.

Cheers, Marc