Cori’s Intro

Hi Folks,

The short version of my ‘story’ – I’m an elementary school principal on leave from my position as a result of a family tragedy last year – my beloved husband passed away. This course will be my eighth as I resume the program and attempt to pick up where I left off.  I have five kids ranging in age from 9 to 26 and currently reside in beautiful Kamloops, BC.  My oldest son and oldest daughter both had babies 10 days apart this summer – becoming a grandma (twice!) is an incredible & moving experience. 

I’m looking forward to the course – life’s journey is what you make of it, I believe, and I’m hoping to do the best that I can to be open to all future possibilities.  I have a bit of an interest in business investment and potentially, through the knowledge I gain in this course, can figure out what I want to be when I grow up!

Best to all,

Cori

(coriw@telus.net)

1 davidp { 09.03.08 at 11:46 am }

Welcome Cori.

You’ll have lots of opportunity to travel some new paths during the term of this course. While we provide one starter map of the terrain, we’ve found that students produce many alternative maps driven by their passions and interests.

Great to have you with us on this journey.

d.

2 Melissa Anders { 09.03.08 at 12:22 pm }

Hi Cori,

You have a beautiful family. Congratulations on becoming a grandmother. With a 32 year old, a 29 year old and a 25 year old, my parents are still waiting, mostly impatiently, to become grandparents 🙂

Look forward to working with you,

Melissa

3 Kenneth Heales { 09.03.08 at 5:44 pm }

Hi Cori,
Small world, eh! Good to “see” you again. I had no idea we were in the same program. Great picture of the family.
Cheers,
Ken

4 Jarrod Bell { 09.04.08 at 6:46 am }

Hi Cori, life’s journey is certainly what we make of it!

Kamloops was my home town. You may know my dad, Gordon and my brother Brandon as they both work in 73. Dad just retired from Aberdeen Elem in July.

Nice to meet you!

Jarrod

5 David De Pieri { 09.04.08 at 8:47 pm }

Hi Cori,

Great looking kids. You’re a lucky person to have five. I’m Italian and family is everything to me. I wanted 4 but settled for 2, Olivia and Mikylo.

I’m originally from the West Kootenays, Trail area. We used to go to Kamloops a lot when we were kids. Had a few relatives there, the Moro’s. Now, I barely recognize the place.

take care, Dave

6 Deepika Sharma { 09.06.08 at 9:27 am }

Your story is inspirational Cori! Hats off! Great to have a person like you on our course. Look forward to interacting with you.

Cheers!

Deepika