Fetya’s intro

Hello everyone!  It’s been really nice getting to know you all through your posts and pictures…what an intersting group of people! 🙂

My name is Fetya and I’m originally a Montrealer, now living in Seattle … two great cities!

I’ve just transfered my MET degree from Concordia University to UBC, yet I still have a load of courses to complete.  I’m very eager to get started and am particularly curious about this class.  My interest in ed tech stems primarily from my personal learning style and the advantages I’ve appreciated through learning “online”.  I believe that in due time, educational technology will make learning accessible for people who are otherwise not catered to in the traditional system… I’m excited to take part in making this change happen!!

I am also taking 511, 512 and 531.  Feel free to contact me at faten.alarabi@gmail.com.

Best of luck and ‘bon courage’!

1 davidp { 09.03.08 at 10:40 am }

Wow, Fetya. Heavy course load. But as you state, this format suits your personal style and it is always a great feeling when we feel those kinds of matches between form::function.

Welcome to ETEC 522.

d.

2 Melissa Anders { 09.03.08 at 12:26 pm }

Bienvenue Fetya!

A fellow Montrealer! I’m interested to hear how this program compares to the one at Concordia. It was that program that I originally wanted to take, but once I was moving to Vancouver I needed to find other options.

I look forward to working with you here and in 531.

Melissa

3 fetya { 09.10.08 at 11:05 pm }

Salut Melissa,

Isn’t the west coast so different from Montreal? Completely different! Just like the MET programs at Concordia and UBC. I’m only getting started here so I can’t compare fairly, however, I love the fact that we’re using the same online tools and methods that we’re discussing. As opposed to only speaking about them in theory, we’re actually familiarizing ourselves with them. That counts for lot for me, …but I do miss having an actual campus nearby 🙂