Gillian’s Intro

Hello, everyone. 

I am currently taking my 6th and 7th MET courses (522 and 531) this term.  I hope to finish MET next summer, if all goes according to plan (and we know what happens to plans sometimes!).

I work for a K-8 DL program in New Westminster, BC; however, we use very little technology in the program so I don’t have much in the way of a technology background. That means that both 522 and 531 are really going to push me out of my comfort zone.  However, I’m looking forward to this course, as the delivery and content are both new and highly interesting to me.

I have a 13 year old son (communication has been reduced to grunts) and an incredibly supportive husband.  When reading the various introductions, I noticed a lot of references to Kamloops; we love to go to Sun Peaks, and try to get in as much skiing time as possible every winter.

You can reach me at sonnannAtgmaildotcom

1 davidp { 09.03.08 at 1:32 pm }

Welcome Gillian.

One of the members of our team at BCcampus is on secondment from your school district. She works with educational technology coordinators to promote interesting dialogue among instructional technology staff, faculty and instructors in post-secondary institutions.

You’ll quickly get into the swing of things with the various technologies that you and your colleagues in ETEC 552 will explore this term.

d.

2 Marc Kampschuur { 09.03.08 at 10:02 pm }

Hi Gillian:

Who is e-stalking who? Am also in 531.

Cheers, Marc

3 Gillian Gunderson { 09.04.08 at 6:35 pm }

Hi, David,

Thanks for the reassurance!

4 Gillian Gunderson { 09.04.08 at 6:37 pm }

Hi, Mark,

Hey, I’m not only e-stalking you, I might be following you around in the grocery store as we both live on the Peninsula. Be afraid! Of course now I’ll have to check over my shoulder as well. Hmmmm.