Old timer wanting to keep up

Hi folks,

I’ve been working in the field of ed. tech. for the breadth of my career. Worked in Educational TV, training, instructional design development etc. I’ve remained interested in the technology side because that is where so many of our collective heads are at vis a vis business, and education. Educational technology is not a panacea for everything but as this course will attest it has certainly brought a very diverse and interesting group of people together who may not have been able to do so in the past.

I graduated from my Master’s program from Concordia in the mid 80’s in Montreal where I had to walk to school up hill both ways!!

I love to keep current, but may need a hand up from some of you whipper snappers? Have I dated myself again?

Please contact me through my email at cmilner@telus.ne

P.S. Thought you might enjoy the visual irony!

1 davidp { 09.03.08 at 11:43 am }

Hi Cheryl. Welcome.

Yeah, it seems we all need to keep up on a daily basis. One of our staff introduced my to Google Chrome this morning, and too bad it’s not for Mac yet. But, I can already see a new approach to browser technology that I will have to absorb and figure out how to use effectively in the learning sphere.

I’m sure there will be lots of collaborative hands extended throughout this course. You bring lots of experience to the group. Nice to have you involved.

d.

2 Joey Dabell { 09.04.08 at 2:37 pm }

Hi Cheryl. Great to meet you.

It looks like travel is also part of your repertoire.

And what an interesting breadth of experience you have had so far! I look forward to your insights. Best in the course.

joey