David in Delta

Greetings everyone,

I just finished reading through the course syllabus for 522 and this looks really interesting and exciting. I can’t wait to dive in. I’m also taking ETEC 511 and 512 as well. Hope I didn’t bite off more than I can chew.

I am the father of two beautiful kids, Olivia and Mikylo – ages 12 and 10. They keep me busy, soccer, baseball, fastball, piano, skiing, swimming, math… you name it, we’re doing it. Parents eh!! …ya gotta love em…

I’m also a Red Seal machinist and CNC programmer/operator. I started my apprenticeship at Tech Cominco in Trail, just after finishing high school in 1979. Yes, Jason Bay (Boston Red Sox) was one of my students and I coached him in baseball. In 1992, I completed my B. Ed. at UBC and started teaching immediately there after.

My newest venture (I’m not a static person) is a website that I’m am developing for shop teachers from around the world. I have people signed on from all over Canada, the U.S., Australia, New Zealand, the U.K. and some places I’ve never heard of. Very exciting. David V and David P, I’ll email you with my proposal Thursday after work.

I love old cars I have 4 of them. However, I’m in the process of trading my 63 Valiant – 2 door hardtop for a Fender Stratocaster guitar and Fender Super-Sonic amplifier. Strangely enough, I don’t play guitar I’m a drummer. I think I’ll save the G & A for my kids one day or maybe I’ll pick it up… time permitting.

I look forward to this course and meeting you folks along the way. Well, my eyes are starting to blur, time to sign off for now.

Cheers everyone, David De Pieri (another one)

1 davidp { 09.04.08 at 9:32 pm }

Yowzer. That was a big and eclectic posting, David. I sense energy.

You’ll need lots of that for the course load you’ve assembled.

Welcome.

2 David De Pieri { 09.04.08 at 9:58 pm }

Oops, sorry! I composed on MS Word and forgot to shrink the font when I copied and pasted.

Ya, I like to keep busy.

cheers

3 cwickes { 09.05.08 at 8:50 am }

Hey David,
Thanks for the nice comments on my posting. Your posting made me laugh – I read it late last night – and you sounded just like a ball of energy (the larger font helped too!)
Yeah, Kamloops is an awesome place to live even though it’s pushing 100 thousand people – I always thought of it as a little hick town but it’s trying to be fairly sophisticated, ha, ha.
My original teaching job was at Brooke Elem. in Delta – shoulda stayed there for the great leaves!
Your kids are adorable.
Cheers,
Cori

4 Deepika Sharma { 09.06.08 at 10:22 am }

What a story, what a dad!! Great to have you onboard 🙂

Deepika