Dwayne Ali – Jumping In

Hey all!

My name is Dwayne Ali and I’m still early on in my MET career.

I’ve been involved in various aspects of media, technology, and education for a while now. I graduated from McMaster University with a combined honours BA in Multimedia and History. Originally from Southern Ontario, I’m been on the other side of the world since May.

I’m currently teaching at the Princeton Review in Seoul, Korea. The summer was pretty intensive, with hundreds of students coming back to Korea during their summer vacation from the US. I had some good, some bad, but overall they were likable kids. I’ve really been missing incorporating aspects of multimedia in my teaching. I miss having really visual items on a projector, and the ability to explain every detail with additional information and images that we can look up online together as a class. But, the actual task of writing on a board has been a good experience as well!

I’m really looking forward to this course! The usage of WordPress has really excited me. I’ve done work with it in the past, and I think it has a lot of potential as a ‘discussion’ tool. Blackboard never seemed to get that part right. I also look forward to ‘meeting’ you all, and getting to know all of you.

Here I am, standing on a rock, next to a giant mountain in Jeju island, South Korea.  The pic doesnt do it justice.

Here I am, standing on a rock, next to a giant mountain in Jeju island, South Korea. The pic doesnt do it justice.

1 davidp { 09.05.08 at 9:05 am }

Welcome back from “the other side of the world,” Dwayne.

You’ll gets lots of opportunity in this course to kick the tires of various tools and systems with a view to assessing their utility in the educational enterprise.

d.

2 Dwayne Ali - Jumping In { 09.05.08 at 9:37 am }

[…] Read the rest of this great post here […]

3 David Wees { 09.05.08 at 6:23 pm }

It’s nice to see someone else doing this program who is living in ‘my part’ of the world. Pretty cool.