Jags Introduction

Jag supporting the Penguins

Hello everyone and sorry for the late post.  As tech-savy as I am…or not…it is often the simplest things that take me the longest to figure out.

My name is Jag Uppal and I come from a fairly large Indo-Canadian family that consists of 5 children, of which, I am the youngest.  My older 3 siblings were born in India in the late 1960s and early 70s, while my other sister and I were born in Canada.

I am currently 30 years old, recently married and in my 3rd year of teaching full time at a high school in Surrey, BC.  I am teaching Business and Computer courses, while previously I had the opportunity as a TOC to visit a variety of different classrooms from across the spectrum of grades and subjects.  In terms of education, I have complete both my Commerce and Education degrees through UBC.

As apart of my Commerce degree, I spent a semester studying abroad in the beautiful city of Barcelona, Spain.  This was a great experience for me, as I got to travel across Europe, study some Spanish, and learn in a completely different environment.  It was also during this time away from family and friends, that I really began using technology (msn messenger, emails, digital pictures) as a form of communication. 

I am currently half way through my MET Masters, and I look forward to working and learning with all my colleagues.  There are many things about this Masters that I enjoy, such as the flexibility and the geographic and cultural diversity of our fellow students, however I often still miss the social interactions of being with my peers in a physical environment.  After reading through the course syllabus and introductions, I am really excited about being in this course!

my emails are:  jag_the_teacher@yahoo.ca or uppal_jagpal@sd36.bc.ca

Jag Uppal

1 comment

1 davidp { 09.07.08 at 11:55 am }

Welcome Jag. Glad you are with us in this ETEC course.

We are taking a new trail with this one in a weblog environment. Look for ward to your postings an interactions with the rest of the class in the upcoming modules.