a great pitch

Hi,

I would like to share the following clips with you.

The Elevator Pitch

[youtube]http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq0tan49rmc[/youtube]

————————-

Make a great pitch

[youtube]http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=l-8EQPpA4DM[/youtube]

Alex

1 Laura Macleod { 09.11.08 at 3:39 pm }

Alex –
Wow! I love the short video from Stanford – beautiful! Because I spend a lot of time training sales reps on new product, we talk a lot about the elevator pitch. I think I’m going to recommend this video to my sales manager.
Laura

2 Alex { 09.11.08 at 7:01 pm }

Hi Laura,

Isn’t it incredible if a good pitching technique makes a dull product shine? If we get good investors, we can even make a mundane project glorious and exciting. We could even lure talented people to join our team.

3 nancy castonguay { 09.12.08 at 9:25 pm }

Great clip Alex! Watching this I asked myself if ‘the pitch’ a North American concept? What I mean is that in Asia, for example, entertaining the potential investor might be key in getting his/her interest? Is the pitch a universal concept?

4 Alex { 09.13.08 at 2:13 am }

Hi Nancy,

Good point. I almost bet that the pitch is a North American concept.

Alex

5 Sarah Wood { 09.13.08 at 10:30 am }

Thanks for sharing these clips. It brings to mind KISS – keep is simple stupid!

6 David De Pieri { 09.13.08 at 11:17 pm }

Great videos Alex, thanks – can you share your secret how you got them on the blog screen?
About the 20 minute rule… if you take 20 minutes divide by 10 slides… that leaves you 2 minutes per slide. That still seems a little long per page. The elevator pitch is only 2 minutes. You can say a lot on a topic in two minutes.
He is right, Guy K. in the video, 30 point font and point form only…

What do you guys think?

7 Alex { 09.15.08 at 10:09 am }

Hi David,

Write>post

Make sure your post is in “visual mode”.

Click on the icon “You Tube” located at the gray bar above the box you would enter your text.

A small window opens which says:

Please enter the URL that the YouTube video is located at. Please enter the URL that the YouTube video is located at.
Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzqumbhfxRo

Copy-paste the URL of your choice.

Publish.

Voila! Your Youtube clip is on the web screen.

Alex