Module 8 Invitation to Participants in ETEC 522

You are invited to a cocktail party!  This is an entirely optional event for the curious.

Time: Sunday, November 2, 2008    8-8:30 pm PST

Place:  Elluminate virtual room

Dress:  Informal – come as you are!  Microphones are nice but not necessary; speakers would be very useful

Refreshments:  BYOD&F (Bring Your Own Drink & Food)

RSVP:  sonnann AT gmail DOT com to get a participant link (Note:  please respond well before the party so that there is time for me to send you the link and for you to try it out – Thanks, Gillian)

Warning:  This is an informal get-together with an inexperienced hostess (I don’t get out much!) that could be plagued by entry problems (overly aggressive bouncer) – very representative of synchronous communication!  Please attend with a sense of adventure in overcoming obstacles.

1 Sarah Wood { 11.01.08 at 3:14 pm }

This is just a note to anyone who doesn’t think they have the “skills or hardware” to participate…I have been to one of Gillian’s party’s and it is worth the trip.

I don’t have a mic, so I can hear the chit chat and then type in my comments. It seems to work quite well.

So please join us if you are available.
Sarah

2 Deepika Sharma { 11.01.08 at 11:17 pm }

A party first thing monday (my) morning – way to begin my week – have just asked for a ticket! I shall bring along my cuppa coffee 🙂

Looking forward…

3 nancy castonguay { 11.02.08 at 1:24 pm }

Hi everyone, I could use a little down time… where is the link to the party?

4 Gillian Gunderson { 11.02.08 at 2:24 pm }

Hi, Nancy,

I sent a link to your gmail.

5 nancy castonguay { 11.02.08 at 6:35 pm }

Thanks Gillian… I am searching through my closet for something to wear as we speak… 🙂

6 Crystal Pullman { 11.02.08 at 8:17 pm }

Gillian, I’m so sorry! I kept meaning to email you and kept getting busy with other things! I wish you all a good conversation, I’m there in spirit if not in …. microphone …!

7 Sarah Wood { 11.02.08 at 8:29 pm }

Crystal, I just sent you the link. Hope to see you there!
Sarah

8 Jarrod Bell { 11.02.08 at 9:06 pm }

Thanks for hosting the party Gillian, that was a lot of fun to chat with people around the world and play in elluminate. I always enjoy spending some time in there with people that have never seen it before. Lots of lightbulbs lighting up (my favourite part of teaching!)

9 Crystal Pullman { 11.02.08 at 9:09 pm }

Wow, that was great! Thanks for sending me the link Sarah! I’ve never used Elluminate before, and that was awesome! Great job Module 8!

10 Deepika Sharma { 11.03.08 at 3:34 am }

Thanks for a great module team 8!

Thanks for a great party, Gillian – a party at 9.00 am – that was my first !!

Here’s a thought that I would have loved to put out for discussion in your forum “using collaborative technology successfully means one thing – instead of focussing intensively on the technology, a great deal of effort has to be put into collaborative use of technology and designing learning oriented structures” – but alas! I gained access to the forum a bit too late 🙂

Anyhow, great job!

Deepika

11 Alex { 11.03.08 at 2:09 pm }

Thank you Module 8 group for your excellent presentation. The activities you have provided for us are most creative and engaging. I am sorry that I was not able to attend your party, but I am glad to know many people could participate in it.

Alex