Alan’s A3

After many, many… reiterations of this assignment, here is my A3.  This is a mock company, but a real project that is in development.  It is scheduled to be operational September 2009 with our class of 2013.  I hope this gets to the proper place as I have a history of some creative and unintentional mischief when uploading

ETEC 522 assignment #3

1 Joey Dabell { 11.26.08 at 10:09 am }

Alan:

This is an important project. There is great potential for use of video in medical / dental training. I would have liked to hear more detail though about the specifics of the problem this technology would solve, and the scope/size of the problem. I would also like to know more about the market, competitors, and project approach. I felt like there may have originally been audio with your presentation, but if so, it did not work on my system. If not, perhaps that would help to supplement the information on your slides? I didn’t feel I got the full sense of your venture, but I think the project has great potential.

Best in going forward with this,
Joey

2 Gillian Gunderson { 11.26.08 at 1:42 pm }

Hi, Alan,

Like Joey, I felt that there may have been sound that I couldn’t hear.

Your executive summary was efficient but possibly due to my lack of background in dentistry, I was a bit unclear about what you were pitching. Were you developing camera systems so that other dental schools could use them to record procedures to show to their students? This was my understanding.

Because of the limited number of schools (64 in all), I kept wondering whether there was another market that could benefit from the use of the camera system.

Gillian

3 Gillian Gunderson { 11.26.08 at 3:26 pm }

Sorry, Alan,

I just realized that I didn’t get all of the text in my post.

I can’t edit my response so here’s part 2:

I think that the system is an excellent idea and I would have liked to have more information about it. When I have to do something that is hands-on, I find that actual visuals are really helpful. I hope that it works well for the students who will be using it.

Gillian

4 Joe Dobson { 11.26.08 at 9:38 pm }

Hi Alan,

The use of video in dental and medical training seems like a no-brainer (kind of like simulations in that sense). To that end, I wonder if there isn’t already something on the market that could be adapted to the dental needs. Like the others, I felt the pitch was slim on details without audio/video explanation and it was hard to get a real feel for exactly what would be videoed.

Good luck with the venture. I’m sure the product will help students.

Cheers,
Joe

5 Bryan Funk { 11.27.08 at 12:15 am }

The presentation is professional looking and easy to follow what you have. I think that the venture has some merit but I really didn’t get a complete sense of what the system was all about. Information on a unique problem that you are able to solve better than other companies that offer a similar product or are you the only provider of this technology in Dentistry. Stage of development? You say it will be up for the 2009 school year but how has testing gone so far. What do others have to say about it?

As an EVA I would be looking for a lot more information before I would invest the money.

Good luck with your venture.
Bryan

6 D.B. { 11.28.08 at 12:40 am }

SlideShare is probably one of the better and more effective web-conversion sites out there. Makes your slide show clear and easy to read.

Clear, easy to read, well organized points for an executive summary. Good visuals, not too distracting with extraneous information, slides weren’t overflowing with 7 point squint-inducing print. Thank you! 🙂

I was left wondering when I got the full screen presentation if there was going to be an audio-voice over. Addition of a voiceover might have helped in fleshing out the powerpoint slides a bit more and pull in your prospective investors. You’ve already put in the work analyzing, presenting details and the focus, providing profit numbers and $, so adding in a (user selectable?) voice-over to supplement the visual information might work well.

Is there a ‘pitch’ version somewhere else? I’d be curious to learn more about your scenario and the details behind it.

7 Marc Kampschuur { 11.28.08 at 8:38 pm }

Alan:

I viewed your link in two browsers (Safari & Firefox) and see 9 slides (1 title slide, 2 content, 5 picture slides, 1 reference list slide ), that cycle through in less than a minute.

The first couple slides I can read if I pause the presentation.

I understand that your pitch involves a camera, a computer, and software but have no idea how these are applied. Also have no idea whether this new technology, existing technology for a new application, or what is involved.

Frankly, the impression formed from the slide presentation is that you arrived at the podium to present and realized you left the presentation at home. Sounds harsh I know but all I see are two slides with content that dont answer my questions as an EVA investor.

8 Alan Kilistoff { 11.29.08 at 9:52 am }

I’m sorry folks but the main presentation is audio that does not seem to be working.

9 Kenneth Heales { 11.29.08 at 5:21 pm }

Hi Alan,
I think you have a good idea here. Like the others, I felt that a little more information would have given a better idea of the value and merit of investing in this product. I understand from your comment that there was audio missing in the final presentation. Sorry to hear about that because I’m sure it would have enhanced your slide presentation.
All the best,
Ken

10 nancy castonguay { 11.29.08 at 10:09 pm }

Hi Alan. I think simulation training is a great idea… Given the fact that I know nothing about dentistry, it would have been helpful for me to have been presented with current technologies, and how your product surpasses anything that is readily available. The testimonial was a nice touch, reminds the reader that the need is justified.