Odijoo – well worth a look for all course developers

Sorry for the uploading false starts, I moved my video to vimeo.

As I was late in posting and even later with some technical glitches, my project has not been assigned to any one. If you have some extra time to have a look, I would sincerely appreciate your EVA input.

Many thanks,

Cheryl M.

http://www.vimeo.com/233847

1 Carolann Fraenkel { 11.26.08 at 10:37 pm }

Hi Cheryl,

I hate to break this to you but the link in this post gets a page not found error.

You might want to go back in the WordPress Dashboard and under manage edit your posts instead of re-posting them every time too.

Carolann

2 David Wees { 11.27.08 at 4:41 am }

Link is actually http://www.vimeo.com/2338478

3 David Wees { 11.27.08 at 4:55 am }

I took a look at your pitch Cheryl, looks like you have a good product. I just had a question while watching it.

Getting techphobic teachers to produce content online is very difficult, how does Odijoo simplify this process for teachers?

It sounds like Odijoo is essentially a customized version of Moodle, so that is a plus since Moodle is a pretty decent LMS.

Nice pitch, very professional looking although the sound of the paper in the background was a little bit distracting (I actually recorded my audio and video separately, which may be why others are having difficulty watching my video).

4 Cheryl Milner { 11.27.08 at 11:17 am }

Thank you so much David for making that correction, I really appreciate your taking the time.

It isn’t necessarily teachers who will make use of Odijoo, it is any Subject Matter Expert who needs to pass on instructional content.
The simplification process for teachers is through the instructional design performance support tool, and because the interface is quite straight forward.

Cheers,
Cheryl

5 Jagpal Uppal { 11.27.08 at 11:34 pm }

Hi Cheryl,

I enjoyed your pitch and found the layout and presentation to be professional and informative. I think it is something worth looking at for school districts and companies, wanting to offer online courses.

Although we are suppose to look at this from a “EVA” point of view, I keep relating these pitches back to my own teaching and classroom. How could a regular classroom teacher use Odijoo?

In terms of the layout of Odijoo, I like the simple interface and relative ease of use.

Overall, I think you did a great job presenting your venture and I think that all players in the distance education/online learning should consider and investigate Odijoo further. According to the icons that were shown, I think my school district (Surrey) is already a customer.

All the best,
Jag