Bravo to ETEC522’s EVA Swarm

Or is it a hive?

As we begin to wind down, I just wanted to express my thanks to everyone for a very stimulating and worthwhile learning adventure.

I’d hoped to have your A3’s marked by now, but that’s an impressive and daunting set of work – I’ll need another few days.

As you venture forward please remember that the best opportunity to make any start-up work is to bounce it off lots of smart people first, so keep your connections with the swarm (and your humble instructors) active.  You all qualify as “sophisticated” investors now….

Warm regards,

DavidV

1 D.B. { 11.30.08 at 5:52 pm }

I just want to say to both the Davids and my classmates/colleagues/co-EVA experts a big ‘THANK YOU’ for this course. I learned so much from not only what was covered, but how it was presented and delivered!

Now I have a less vague idea as to what’s involved in the realm of the Learning Technology and Ventures in it… it is in someways, more daunting (because I can see what a huge role colleagues, critics and presentation have to do with getting an idea off the ground) and less so (if you don’t step forward, you’ll never get the idea off the ground).

thank you all!

cheers,

D.

2 Gillian Gunderson { 11.30.08 at 5:57 pm }

I agree with DB.

Thanks to the Davids as well as everyone else. I know my learning curve was steep!!

Gillian

3 Bruce Spencer { 11.30.08 at 7:03 pm }

Ditto that

I thoroughly enjoyed the course. I want to send a big thank you to the two D’s, to the Module 7 team members and to all of the other 522 students for making my learning both interesting and challenging.

The course may be over but the learning will continue for awhile yet. I’m looking forward to following up on some of the information from the modules now that I have unrestricted access to the internet.

Cheers All

4 David Wees { 11.30.08 at 7:13 pm }

I have to say, although I only have 2 other courses so far in the MET, I put the most effort and time into this course and enjoyed it the most. It may be that I simply HAD more time this semester (which is true) or that the course was simply more interesting. I think its a combination of both.

Thank you for a wonderful course.

Dave

5 cwickes { 11.30.08 at 7:43 pm }

Please add my thanks to both of you, David & David, for your work in this course. I’m on to my ninth now (yay!) but this course has been one of the most inspirational I have participated in and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. I’m extremely excited about future e-learning business ventures….
I also appreciate all of the work my course mates have put into this too – I have learned tons from all of your input. Good luck all, in your future endeavours!
Cori

6 Deepika Sharma { 11.30.08 at 8:32 pm }

David, David and classmates,

Thank you all for a stimulating 12 weeks. I can easily say that this course has been the one where I have learnt most things tha were new to me (including dealing with technology problems!) The collaborative learning design of the course is commendable and collaboration over the weeks was fantastic!

I have also had more than my fair share of technology related problems at my end during this course, that I did not foresee or discuss with everyone (my defense is that this may seem like “excuses” for not getting a job done in time) , but I do feel very satisfied that I came through it all and survived! Guess that is the developing world at present!

If you all have kept abreast with international news this past week, you will have known the Mumbai disaster! I live 3 hours from Mumbai and the connectedness that all of us experience through tons of news channels brings such tragedies right to our living rooms and while (fortunately) I did not lose a dear one, all those innocent lives that have been lost is heart rending. This kept me glued to TV and away from doing reviews earlier on in the week – there wasn’t any mental space available! I hope you all will understand!

Thankyou for all your inputs – it is really appreciated! I have some more reviews to do before I wind down…so here I go…

See some of you in the future courses, I have 5 more to go!

Cheers!

Deepika

7 Kenneth Heales { 12.01.08 at 2:55 pm }

Hi Folks,
This course certainly was a learning experience for me as I was a little outside of my comfort zone. Once again, I found my classmates and instructors extremely supportive. Response time to questions was exceptionally quick and appreciated. I certainly have a greater understanding about what it takes to get a venture from idea to reality and it’s certainly not easy. Thanks again to david and David and all my classmates.
Cheers,
Ken

8 Laura Macleod { 12.01.08 at 4:50 pm }

Davids P&V and classmates

What an introduction to the MET program! Thanks to everyone for a challenging, stimulating, and thoroughly enjoyable three months. While I am looking forward to a little guilt free junk reading and knitting, I’m going to miss our discussions. Thanks to everyone.

Deepika – I’ve been thinking about you all week, wondering how close you were to Mumbai and if you knew anyone who’d been hurt. I’m so glad to hear you and yours are safe.

I’m sure I’ll see some of you again in other classes but in the meantime, merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone!

Laura

9 Jarrod Bell { 12.01.08 at 7:39 pm }

Thanks to the Davids and to everyone in the course. It has certainly been informative, current, and enjoyable! The group presentations were the best by far in my six courses so far. I look forward to keeping in touch with the rest of the hive in the future and hopefully I will see you in other courses!

Cheers!
Jarrod

10 fetya { 12.02.08 at 1:04 am }

I would also like to thank you all for a great semester!

This was one of two first courses in the MET at UBC and I have to say it has most definitely exceeded my expectations. I hope this blog will still be accessible after the end date (will it?) I’d love to be able to refer to some of the course material.

Best of luck and Happy Holidays to all!

11 Jagpal Uppal { 12.02.08 at 11:08 am }

At this point I am nearing the completion of my MET program.

I only have 2 more courses left!

This course was by far the best MET course I have taken. Special thanks to David(squared) and all classmates for sharing and collaborating.

Jag

12 nancy castonguay { 12.03.08 at 8:37 am }

This has been a great experience for me, that you all. David & David: outstanding leadership / facilitating… Wishing you all a very much deserved holiday season… Hopefully, our paths will cross again over the remainder of the winter session. It has been a pleasure. Best, Nancy